We made these yesterday for Jennifer's birthday and they turned so rich, fudgey and delicious!
Preheat oven to 350 and butter an 8 x 8 x 5 cooking dish.
The Custard Topping:
- 2-2.5 oz firm tofu (we just used what was left in the fridge)
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup light shredded coconut
Mix ingredients well with a hand-mixer, then stir in coconut. Set aside.
The Brownie Batter:
- 4-5 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 oz vegan butter
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 plain, plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
Pour into the greased baking dish. Pour the coconut and tofu mixture on top of the brownie batter. Take a knife and swirl the coconut mixture around for the marbled design.
Bake for 35-45 minutes. The original recipe said to bake for 35 minutes, but ours was not yet cooked in the middle so we left it in for an additional 8-10 minutes.